The name of this blog, beautiful longing, came out of a meditation class I attended recently. We were asked to imagine the shape our longing takes. Mine takes many but this, at its essence, was my image. As we talked about our longings in the class, my teacher used the words "beautiful longing". I never before thought of those two words living together. Longing usually has other words connected to it. Words like shame, regret, envy, sadness, impossibility. When I came face-to-face with mine, I saw that my longing connected me to my creativity. I was so inspired that I wanted to paint it, to bring it out from inside. To show it as something that was indeed beautiful...and worthy to show. I realized that perhaps the most beautiful things come out of those dark spots within us. Those places that can illuminate us, if we let them.

Comments

  1. that's beautiful, Charlotte! I can't wait to see what comes out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts