Midsummer Night's Dream, revisited

Midsummer Night's Dream is my favorite Shakespeare play. From the first time I tried illustrating it in senior year of college, I've been in love with the fantasy and magic of this story. Its humor, satire, and intelligence does not cease to inspire me (and make me crack up).

This series of quick drawings I made on location (adding color to some afterwards) comes after a long hiatus. I had created a series of drawings and puppets between 1996 and 1999. It's been many years without Midsummer Night's Dream. Thanks to my friend, Julia, for telling me about the live performance that was happening in the park just behind my apartment. It was a beautiful and hilarious rendition. And a perfect setting in this park.

Here are some drawings.






















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts