The Orchestra Rehearsal

On Thursday evening, I got the chance to draw and listen to my friend, Max Ozey, play in the New York Symphony Arts Ensemble at the Julia Richman Auditorium, 317 East 67th Street. It was in the high school that the movie Fame was shot in! All I kept thinking was "Wow, I'm walking on the same stairs as those cool actors did." Or "this is the sidewalk where they all went wild and danced on cars." Anyway, the auditorium is beautiful. Old, with wooden chairs! The orchestra was rehearsing Brahms's Symphony No. 2 in D Major–a gorgeous piece to listen to–for their concert happening today.

I felt so priveleged to be able to sit in on their rehearsal. To be able to listen to music and make art at the same time...there is something magical in that.

Here are some drawings that I did from that night. Also, if you'd like to be immersed in beautiful music and attend one of the concerts, go to http://nysae.net/. You'll be funding a great cause.

On a very important side note: Max was my inspiration (more like the  kick in the pants I needed) to finally get a (digital) piano after many years of not playing and having a piano of my own. Thank you, Max! It's done wonders for my heart and soul.












Comments

Popular Posts