Cherry Blossoms!

This past Saturday, I went to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to see the famous cherry blossoms. I thought I'd missed their blooming extravaganza and had pretty low expectations. As I turned the corner on the path to the Cherry Walk, though, I was presented with an explosion of blossoms! It was intoxicating. Walking down the path with the branches intertwining above me and the sun streaming through...it was pure magic.

I'm still kind of in disbelief that I caught the blossoms at the exact right moment. Just a day or so before, a friend was telling me they were still not all quite out. It's like they all burst into bloom overnight. And it was lovely to see so many people enjoying them. We were all bursting into bloom as well, after the winter we've had.

I did a few drawings and watercolors under a cherry tree with my friend, Jen, who joined me. Showers of petals would fall from the strong breeze...my favorite part. I felt as though I were a little girl back in Iran, among the cherry blossoms there.











Here a couple of drawings from the beautiful Japanese garden, featuring a torii.




And some pics of the actual trees. Couldn't get enough!








Comments

Popular Posts