The Rivals, a comedic play

Last Sunday, not three hours after arriving home from an extended stay in Europe, my friends whisked me away to see and draw a delightful comedic theater performance by New York Classical Theater at Carl Schurz Park, a lovely green oasis behind East End Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. What I enjoyed about this open-air performance, besides the hilarious banter, dramatic acting, and storyline (think Cosi fan Tutti) was the element of movement of the audience along with the actors from scene to scene, taking advantage of the many beautiful nooks in the park and offering various vantage points to draw from.

In a nutshell it was fun and I'm very happy with the drawings I made that night. Ah, the benefits of jet lag! I've included some here in this post. Until the next performance!










Comments

Popular Posts